As we begin the new year of 2020, thoughts of a clear vision for this next year and decade is important. CEF® has a purpose statement:
“…evangelize boys and girls with the Gospel of Jesus Christ and to establish (disciple) them in the Word of God and in a local church for Christian living.” Their vision statement is “Guiding a new generation that seeks to honor God.”
CEF’s vision statement is fulfilled through its purpose statement. The core ministries of CEF are the Good News Club® and the 5-Day Club®. These ministries are able to work in tandem with the local church to fulfill Christ’s mandate to “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation.” These are ministries that go outside the walls of the church into their community ministering to unchurched and church children. These core ministries used through the local church, accomplish the vision statement mentioned above. Again, fulfilling the teaching of Jesus Christ, “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be My witnesses in Jerusalem…”.
As you consider the Praises and Prayer requests below, please pray for more laborers to go into God’s harvest field, as Jesus spoke in Luke 10:2, “The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore, pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest.” Thank you so much for your prayers!
Praise God for:
- The many children who heard about the true meaning of Christmas in December 2019.
- The many teachers and workers giving their time and talents to minister to the children.
- The local churches who sponsor the After School Good News Club® in the elementary schools.
- The individual teams, made of people from local churches, who teach preschool Good News Clubs® or regular Good News Clubs (in homes & community centers).
- The unchurched and church children that attend the After School Good News Clubs® & Good News Clubs®.
- The Christian children being taught God’s Word and growing in their faith.
- The non-Christian children attending After School Good News Clubs® and hearing the message of salvation and being given an opportunity
to believe in Jesus Christ for salvation.
- The new After School Good News Clubs projected to start in the new year.
- The local CEF Directors, Deb, John, Nathan and Randy, serving diligently the Lord, promoting and organizing ministry to the children.
- The many faithful financial partners.
- The safety He has granted to the Boekells over many ministry miles traveled.
- Blessing the Boekells with the Toyota Highlander that has over 314,000 miles on it.
Ask God to:
- Raise up an army of volunteer teachers and workers to work in the After School Good News Clubs.
- Guide local churches to realize how the After School Good News Club will aid them in ministering to the children in their community.
- Bring out to the After School Good News Clubs® many boys and girls so they can hear about Jesus.
- Help the teachers of the After School Good News Clubs® to clearly communicate the gospel.
- Help teachers and workers to wisely lead children to Christ.
- Strengthen, both spiritually and physically local CEF Directors, Deb, John, Nathan and Randy to do the ministry.
- Grant much wisdom and discernment to Harry Boekell, State Director, to do the ministry throughout West Virginia.
- Help Lydia Boekell, Administrative Assistant to the State Director, to do the ministry she is responsible to do.
- Supply a good used or new vehicle for the Boekells.
- Call His choice servant to be local Director in CEF Little Kanawha Valley, North Central and Eastern Panhandle Chapters and provide full monthly financial support.
- Call His choice servant to be the next CEF of WV State Director and provide full monthly financial support.
- Grant much wisdom & discernment for the CEF of WV State Board in knowing who to hire in these ministry positions.
- Give guidance and wisdom to developing data information gathering for volunteers in CEF Ministry.
- Help local CEF Directors and State Director to walk in the Spirit in all they say and do.
- Provide His choice servants to be local Committee members and at-large State Board members.