Wow! Has God been putting on a show in the hills of West Virginia!
As Lydia and I drive through, around, up and down the hills and mountains of this state, we are in awe of God creativity in His creation. We have noticed the various shades of green, as the trees adorn their leaves. The red bud has outstanding in displaying its colors, and the dogwoods sprinkle the hillsides with their white blossoms.
It causes our souls to sing "How Great Thou Art"! Our travels throughout West Virginia are for the purpose of "evangelizing boys and girls with the Gospel of Jesus Christ and to establish (disciple) them in the Word of God and in a local church for Christian living." That is the purpose statement for CEF® and keeps us on task for God’s glory.
You are a valuable piece in this purpose through your faithful prayers! As you share in the praises of what God has done and is doing among the children of West Virginia, as well as consider the prayer requests below, you are positively affecting the lives of the children also. Thank you for your ministry for us through your prayers.
Yours in ministering to the children,
Harry & Lydia Boekell
Praise God for:
- The new After School Good News Club® starting in the local CEF Chapters.
- The churches sponsoring these ASGNCs and organizing a team to conduct them.
- The local CEF Directors, Deb, John, Nathan and Randy for promoting the ASGNC ministry, training workers and helping them start the club.
- The children attending these ASGNCs, hearing the message of salvation and receiving Christ for salvation.
- The teenagers and adults committing themselves to serve with CEF as Summer Missionaries.
- The diligent work Keith Weatherholt, CEF State Board Chairman, did to prepare for the CEF of WV Strategic Planning meeting.
- The After School Monthly Club at Lubeck Elementary, where 33 children attended and 12 received Christ for salvation.
- Beulah-Humble Presbyterian Church sponsoring the ASGNC at Wirt County Primary Center.
- The plans falling into place for the "Discover CEF" luncheons scheduled to inform people about local CEF Committee membership and CEF State Board membership.
- The privilege and honor of serving the Lord in the ministry of CEF.
Ask God to:
- Help each CEF of West Virginia State Board member to look hard and deep into where CEF of West Virginia is and where we want to go.
- Help each active ASGNC in West Virginia to finish well this school year.
- Guide each local CEF Director in West Virginia to plan and organize Christian Youth in Action training and utilize it in their ministry to the children.
- Prepare the hearts of the children coming to the 5-Day Clubs® this summer to hear the message of salvation and receive Christ for salvation.
- Raise up people who will parter with the local CEF Chapters by volunteering to host a 5-Day Club, drive summer missionaries to the 5-Day Clubs, share of their financial wealth and pray.
- Call to CEF of West Virginia gifted leaders to serve as full-time CEF Staff, local CEF Directors in Little Kanawha Valley and North Central chapters, local Committee members and State Board members.
- Bless the remaining fundraising event, for CEF of Greater Huntington, on May 18.
- Bless the "Discover CEF" luncheons, May 17 for CEF Little Kanawha Valley, and May 23 for CEF of West Virginia.
- Guide each local CEF Director and State Director, to guard their walk with God.
- Provide the monthly financial partners for each local CEF Director, and the State Director, to be fully funded.
- Help current local CEF committee members and State Board members to raise operational finances for CEF locally, and for the State ministry.