I heard a true, funny story just the other day. Out of the mouths of babes — this four-year-old boy made this observation: “After talking about Isaiah 53:6, ‘All we like sheep have gone astray; We have turned, every one, to his own way; And the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all.’
This young boy gave the verse some consideration and said, ‘We are the sheep, God is the shepherd, so Jesus must be the sheepdog’. Well, there will need to be some further instruction, but don’t you love the thinking of a child? We certainly need a ‘sheepdog’ to bring us back into the fold. Jesus definitely made a way to bring us back to God through His death, burial and resurrection!
I saw this quote on prayer by Samuel Chadwick that caught my attention: “Satan laughs at our toil, mocks at our wisdom, but trembles when we pray.” How desperately we need your prayers! You are a valued asset to this ministry because of your praying. Satan does not want the children to hear how much Jesus loves them, that the Bible says ‘All have sinned’ and ‘Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures.’ Finally, ‘But as many as receive Him, to them gave He the right to become children of God…’. The devil loathes these truths of God’s Word and wants to create confusion, doubt, and indifference in the hearts of the children. But when you pray, ‘Satan…trembles…’! “Greater is He that is in us, than he who is in the world.”
Praise God for:
- The After School Good News Clubs® that will be starting up soon throughout WV.
- The 95 After School Good News Clubs that met in the 2017-2018 school year in WV.
- The 7621 children ministered the Gospel at least one time in ministry year: September 2017 – August 2018.
- The 956 children who talked with a CEF® worker & received Christ for salvation.
- The 138 children we know of who have begun to attend a church.
- The 1052 volunteer workers serving by teaching in CEF in the ministry year: September 2017 – August 2018.
- The Blueprint Committee training in the CEF of WV North Central Chapter.
- The local church, Landmark Baptist, in CEF of WV Little Kanawha Valley Chapter, highly involved in After School Monthly Club, meeting in six elementary schools in Wood County.
- The active involvement of the local Committee in CEF of WV North Central Chapter inviting people to the CEF Fall Fund Raising Banquet.
- The Setting the Course Committee training in the CEF of WV Kanawha Chapter.
Ask God to:
- Open the doors for more After School Good News Clubs in WV for the school year 2018-2019.
- Help elementary school principals realize the value of the ASGNC for the culture on their campus.
- Lead local churches to understand the importance of the ASGNC in ministering to their community.
- Motivate these churches to organize a team to conduct an ASGNC in the local elementary school.
- Show the local CEF Directors the key churches that will be involved in the ASGNC ministry.
- Lead Landmark Baptist to realize that the After School Monthly Club can meet more than once a month, making these clubs After School Good News Clubs.
- Bless the CEF Fall Fund Raising Banquet, September 27, CEF of WV North Central Chapter.
- Bless the CEF Fall Fund Raising Banquet, September 22, CEF of WV Eastern Panhandle Chapter.
- Provide abundant financial resources for the building of the CEF Ministry Center, CEF of WV Eastern Panhandle Chapter.
- Provide key people of influence in the community, called by Him, to serve on the local CEF Committees in WV.
- Raise up His choice person to be local CEF Director in CEF of WV Little Kanawha Valley & North Central Chapters.
- Help Jasmine Sharp, CEF of WV Kanawha Chapter, as she attends CEF Children’s Ministry Institute this fall.
- Provide substantial ministry financial partners for each local CEF Chapter in WV, so they can hire more staff workers and expand their ministries to the many unsaved children in WV. ($10,000 to $15,000/month)
- Bless the CEF of WV Board & Committee Conference, September 28 – 29, 2018.
Visit Wood Co. School Superintendent
Teacher Training Class
CEF Little Kanawha Valley Chapter
September 17 – 20
CEF of WV Staff Fun Retreat
Local Committee Chairmen & Vice-Chairmen
CEF Eastern Panhandle Banquet
CEF North Central Banquet
September 28 -29
CEF Board & Committee Conference